The PetSafe® Wireless Containment System allows you to create a safe and secure 1/2 acre circular boundary around your yard without the hassle of burying wire or installing a physical fence. To set up, simply place the Wireless Containment System transmitter indoors and adjust the dial to cover the perfect size area for your dog. This portable system sets up in 1-2 hours so you can easily take it with you when you go camping and more. This wireless fence comes with the PetSafe® Wireless Pet Containment System Receiver Collar. The battery-operated receiver collar features a tone-only mode for training, plus 5 adjustable levels of correction depending on your dog’s temperament. The collar adjusts to fit neck sizes between 6-28 inches and is recommended for pets who weigh 5 pounds and up. With the purchase of additional PetSafe® wireless fence receiver collars, the Wireless Containment System will contain an unlimited number of pets with a single system. Trust PetSafe® to help keep your pet healthy, safe and happy.
Can you change the shape of the wireless boundary?
Our wireless fence systems are circular shaped and cannot be changed into a square or rectangle. You can make the circle larger or smaller as needed by adjusting the settings on the transmitter.
Will this wireless fence create a circular boundary larger than 180-feet across?
If you need to cover a yard that’s larger than 180 feet in diameter, you can do so by purchasing a second transmitter. When you use 2 wireless fence transmitters you can increase your pet’s play area. Just make sure that the boundaries overlap by at least 30 feet.
Can I bring this wireless fence with me when I travel?
Yes, you can! You can give your dog a secure area to play in wherever you travel together.
There are a few things you need to keep in mind before you pack your bags:
- Place the transmitter indoors and plug it into an outlet.
- Make sure the transmitter is at least 3 feet away from metal objects.
- If you’re traveling in a metal RV or are in a building with a metal roof, the maximum size of your pet’s boundary area may be reduced.
- You’ll need to mark the new pet area when you arrive at your destination. Make sure you pack some boundary flags so your dog has a visual reminder of his new play area.
Can I place the transmitter outside?
No, the transmitter must be placed in a fully-indoor, climate-controlled location where temperatures don’t fall below –10 degrees Fahrenheit or rise above 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
Why can’t I use this fence with dogs younger than 6 months old?
The age recommendation is based on your dog’s cognitive development. A puppy should be at least 6 months old and be able to consistently respond to basic commands such as “come” and “sit” before he is ready to start training with any kind of static correction collar.
- Contain your dog without building a fence or burying wires
- Circular boundary adjusts to cover a 1/2-acre yard (10-180 ft diameter)
- Our proprietary circular boundary gently guides your dog back to his play area, giving you the most accurate wireless fence experience
- Sets up in 1-2 hours
- Portable for when you travel (outlet required)
- Includes 1 Wireless Pet Containment System Receiver Collar
- Tone-only mode and 5 levels of adjustable static correction
- Waterproof collar adjusts to fit neck sizes 6-28 in
- Purchase additional collars for all your pets
- Receiver collar requires 1 RFA-67 battery, included
- Battery lasts approximately 1-2 months
- For dogs 8 lb and up and who are at least 6 months old
- With over 25,000 5-star ratings, PetSafe is the top choice for pet parents
- Our static collars are part of our ongoing mission to provide the best tools, education and support for pet parents seeking safe, effective, expert-recommended options they can trust to meet each dog’s unique training needs