This martingale dog collar keeps your dog safer than ever. Martingale collars are safer than choke chains or prong collars. Used with a leash or with your hand, the martingale collar tightens when your dog pulls and loosens when he stops, so it’s only tight when it needs to be. These collars give you greater control and reduce the risk of your dog slipping out and escaping.
To fit the collar:
- Slide the collar over your dog's head.
- Adjust the fit by pushing nylon through the metal slide.
- When tightened with a leash or by holding the smaller loop like a handle, the 2 metal rings should touch directly behind your dog's ears.
- Attach tags to the rectangle rings, not the D-ring.
- Prevents dog from slipping out of the collar
- Tightens when dog pulls and loosens when dog stops
- Perfect for “escape artists” and breeds with necks larger than their heads
- Not recommended for tie-out use